New to PowerShell
- Creating a GUI with PowerShell In this session, SAPIEN PowerShell MVP Jason Yoder will demonstrate how to take your PowerShell skill set to create graphical interfaces with SAPIEN PowerShell Studio. Placing a GUI on top of PowerShell allows your end users to benefit from automation without having to teach them how to work in a command line environment. Download and install the free trial before this session for a hands on experience.
- AN INTRO ON REUSABLE CODE AND LANGUAGE CONSTRUCTS This session will focus on writing reusable code and language constructs. We’ll cover various logical ways to process data by using various conditional statements. These will include: If, If-Else, If-ElseIf, Switch, Foreach and ForEachObject, For, and Do-While and Do-Until. To be successful with PowerShell requires a complete understanding of the different ways to work through your problems
- THE FUNDAMENTAL THREE AND THE POWER IN POWERSHELL This session will focus on three fundamental Windows PowerShell cmdlets: Get-Help, Get-Command, and GetMember. Although we don’t always learn from beginning to end, and instead start somewhere in the middle, it’s beneficial to go back and make sure we have a full understanding of the introductory concepts. In addition to a full exposure to these three cmdlets, we’ll take a look at several other beginning and fundamental cmdlets through the demonstration of some of the power in PowerShell.
- Realizing Your Return on Investment with PowerShell Many employers still do not understand the value PowerShell can bring to an organization. In this session, we will look at both the concepts and code to automatically discover the monetary value of your PowerShell investment. All code will be made available to the session attendees.
- New to PowerShell? Start here! If you’re brand new to PowerShell, you’ll want to come to this session to learn about some of the fundamentals! We’ll talk about inspecting objects, sorting and filtering objects.
- From Source to Production using TFS and Powershell In this session I'll present a method to move Dot net source code from source, compile it and deliver it to the Dev, QA, and Production systems. Each deployment will be enabled by standard PowerShell Scripts. The Powershell Scripts will: Deliver files Create a website Create a virtual directory for the website Sets the Authentication for the website Transforms the configuration files for each environment Tests to ensure the site is operational.